We offer competitive prices for Commercial and Residential customers using spider spray treatments in Melbourne.
How to Get Rid of Spiders
Spiders are part of our environment and have an important role to play in the control of insects in and around our homes. Spiders fall into a few categories, Ground Dwelling Spiders, Orb Weaving Spiders, Spider Anglers and Other Spiders, categories by where they reside commonly. Most spiders that we encounter are non-aggressive and/ or produce a non-toxic bite. There are those few though that give the spider a bad reputation, that will show signs of aggression and whose bites cause be painful and at times fatal.
The best method to get rid of spiders from your house is to reply on direct contact between the spider and the insecticide. A blanket spray spider treatment will prove a positive result in eradicating ground-dwelling spiders, particularly if the spider infestation is severe, but will also destroy many useful creatures. Consult with your pest technician as to what your spider problem is and the activity that you experience. Your technician will carry out an inspection of the property and ensure areas such as roof voids, crevices, mailboxes and other commonly accessed areas to specific spider types are treated. Proper spider identification to determine control methods and minimize blanket sprays is important. Once spiders have established themselves it is difficult to get rid of them without professional help.
- Seal any cracks and crevices around your home and place rolled-up towels or door stoppers under your doors. Even the largest huntsman spider can flatten its body to sneak through tiny gaps.
- Control insects – spiders enter our house seeking readily available prey and will quickly move on if there are no bugs for them to eat
Turn off exterior lights at night time – these will attract insects into your home, encouraging spiders
- Keep your lawn mowed, bushes well pruned and yard clear of debris. This will reduce shelter for both spiders and the insects they eat.
- Remove any webs that you see in your home and stomp on any egg cases (or if you’re feeling charitable, pop them in a jar and release them in a nearby park or bushland).
- Wear gloves when gardening or handling rubbish
- Wear footwear when outside, particularly at night when ground-dwelling spiders are more active and in spider prone areas such as on bushwalks
Preventative Spider Control Treatments
We recommend preventative treatments for businesses and households in high-risk areas. Our exterminators treat your property inside and out as well as the surrounding landscape on a regular basis to prevent spiders.